If you’re looking for a holistic dentist, Kentucky Dental Group can help. We understand your concerns about the dental materials used to restore your teeth. Our goal is to help you achieve and sustain good oral health that supports your overall health.
Holistic Dentistry Practices
Our dentists use biocompatible materials as a healthy and aesthetic solution to restore teeth. We ensure restorations are correctly placed, bonded, and sealed to prevent leakage and decay. If you have allergies, metal sensitivities, or an autoimmune disorder, let us know and we will be sure to use materials that won’t cause you a problem.
Amalgam fillings contain copper, mercury, silver, tin, and zin. Although they are often referred to as silver fillings, they contain more mercury than silver. They’re about 50% mercury. Some studies show that chewing causes mercury vapor to be released from amalgam fillings. And that raises health concerns for many people.
Kentucky Dental Group protects teeth from decay with ceramic materials or white composite fillings. Composite fillings have several advantages over amalgam fillings:
- They are mercury free.
- While preparing a tooth for a filling, less removal of your healthy tooth structure is required.
- They bond to your teeth and strengthen them.
Sanitary Amalgam Removal
If you have old amalgam fillings that need to be replaced and you’re concerned about being exposed to the dust or debris, we can use sanitary removal.
- Isolate the tooth
- Divide the filling into chunks
- Vacuum out the chunks and particles at high speed
- Rinse and clean your mouth
Metal-Free Crowns and Bridges
eMax crowns are made of lithium disilicate—a highly esthetic, high-strength, metal-free material. Its characteristics include:
- Extremely strong glass-ceramic
- Can be manipulated to produce highly esthetic results
- Provides excellent color, luster, and translucence
Zirconia (zirconium dioxide) is sometimes referred to as ceramic steel because it’s exceptionally strong. Some characteristics of zirconia restorations include:
- Virtually no risk of allergic reaction
- Won’t show a dark line at your gumline, as porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns will
- Color and translucency similar to natural teeth
- Strong enough to be used in a dental bridge for posterior teeth, instead of a commonly used metal foundation
Interested in Holistic Dentistry?
Our dentists will be happy to speak with you regarding your oral health concerns and the ways they help you maintain a healthy smile. Call us to schedule an appointment, or request an appointment online.