Dental implants are the most effective and natural way to replace missing teeth. They enhance your smile, improve your oral health, and can increase your self-confidence. At Kentucky Dental Group, we provide dental implants of the highest quality for a healthy smile that will last.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots, usually made of titanium. The fixtures are surgically placed in your jawbone. After the fixture and your jawbone fuse, a dental crown is attached to the top of the implant.
They provide a solution for replacing missing teeth in a variety of cases, including:
- Single tooth – A single fixture will replace a missing tooth.
- Multiple teeth – A fixture can be used for each missing tooth, or an implant-supported bridge can be used.
- Dentures – Two or more implants can be used to stabilize dentures.
Why Are They So Effective?
Dental implants are effective for several reasons:
- Function – The “root” is implanted in your jawbone for maximum stability. It will be comfortable and secure.
- Feel – The stability of implants makes them feel like your own natural teeth.
- Oral health – When your teeth are missing, the jawbone beneath the empty space begins to shrink. Dental implants stimulate jawbone and prevent shrinkage.
- Appearance – After a healing period, a lifelike dental crown is attached to the top of the fixture. The “root” will be beneath your gumline, so no one can tell that you’ve had a tooth replaced. Additionally, dental implants help your facial appearance. When all of your teeth are missing, as the jawbone shrinks your face will begin to sag. The artificial roots that stimulate jawbone will also help prevent facial collapse.
High-Quality Dental Implants
If you’re a thrifty shopper, be cautious about looking for bargain prices on dental implants. This treatment can last a lifetime only if a dentist uses high standards in selecting, planning for, and placing the fixtures.
At Kentucky Dental Group, we insist on the highest standards of care for tooth replacement. Our process includes:
- Qualifying – We thoroughly review your medical and dental history to ensure you’re a candidate for this treatment.
- Planning – We use 3D Cone Beam technology for diagnostic studies. The technology makes your bone density, oral cavities, nerves, and other structures clearly visible for precise implant placement.
- Placement – We work closely with periodontists and oral surgeons to provide optimal placement of the fixtures.
- Restoring – We only use high-quality dental ceramics to craft crowns for your dental implants. We select high-quality composite teeth for dentures.
Request a Dental Implants Consultation
If you’re interested in receiving quality dental implants that last, call us to schedule an appointment for a complimentary consultation, or request an appointment online.